Thursday, July 15, 2004

Concert 7-14-04

Last night we went to see Barenaked Ladies in concert at Polaris. Nellie McKay did a few songs before, as well. I first heard her on NPR and ordered her CD the same day; that's how much I loved her unique voice.

I knew nothing about the Barenaked Ladies, that's how much of a cave I live in, but was so pleasantly surprised. The were fantastic. I had heard them on the radio, and not thought much about them. They sounded much better in concert, which might seem obvious, but not when you consider what I'm about to write in the next paragraph.

Oh yes, Alanis Morrisette was there, too. Sang mostly all songs that I heard in 1995. I'm determined to find the two notes on my piano that she focused on most of the night... It was nice of Barenaked Ladies to invite her along on their tour. gulp. ...

No comments: